Xeomin: A New Era Of Skin Rejuvenation At St. Louis Skin SolutionsJuly 18, 2023
Cellulite is often something that evokes mixed emotions in many men & women. Some view it as a natural part of life, while others may consider it a cosmetic concern. No matter your perspective, understanding cellulite and why it can empower you to make informed decisions about its treatment, such as the revolutionary Avéli™ procedure offered at St. Louis Skin Solutions. If cellulite has a negative impact on how you view yourself and want to find a solution, keep reading to discover how we here at St. Louis Skin Solutions can help!
Cellulite is the dimpled or lumpy appearance of the skin, often compared to the texture of cottage cheese or orange peel. It primarily affects women, with estimates suggesting that up to 90% of women experience cellulite in their lifetime. This condition typically occurs on the following:
The appearance of cellulite is caused by fat deposits pushing through the connective tissues or collagen based septae that connects skin and muscle and separates the fat as it travels down. This allows fat to bulge outward, giving a bumpy appearance beneath the skin. These fat cells bulge against the skin, creating the characteristic dimples and bumps associated with cellulite.
The exact causes of cellulite are not fully understood, but several factors contribute to its development:
- Genetics – They are hugely significant in determining whether you are prone to cellulite. If your parents or grandparents had cellulite, you may also be more likely to develop it.
- Hormones – Hormonal fluctuations, particularly those related to estrogen, can influence the development of cellulite. Hormones may affect the structure of collagen, making it more susceptible to fat pushing through.
- Lifestyle Factors – Unhealthy lifestyle choices can exacerbate the appearance of cellulite. A sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption can all contribute to cellulite formation.
- Sex – Most females have cellulite somewhere!
- Age – Our skin loses elasticity and thickness as we age, making cellulite more noticeable. Additionally, the amount of collagen in the skin decreases, further contributing to the dimpled appearance.
- Body Fat Percentage – While cellulite can affect individuals of all body types, having a higher body fat may make cellulite more noticeable.
For many women, the presence of cellulite is a source of frustration and self-consciousness. Fortunately, advances in medical aesthetics have led to innovative treatments that can significantly reduce the appearance of cellulite. One such groundbreaking solution is Avéli™, a state-of-the-art device used during a minimally invasive procedure performed here at St. Louis Skin Solutions. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia by our trained cosmetic enhancement experts, who specialize in cellulite reduction.
Avéli™ utilizes advanced technology to target and treat cellulite at its source. Here’s how the procedure works:
- Consultation: Before the procedure, you will have an initial consultation with our specialists. They will assess your cellulite, discuss your goals, and determine whether or not this treatment is right for your unique condition.
- Local Anesthesia: The procedure begins with applying local anesthesia to ensure your comfort during treatment. This will only be applied to the area being treated so that you don’t feel anything during your session.
- Treatment with Avéli™: The Avéli™ device is then carefully used to target the cellulite-affected areas. This technology works by breaking down the fibrous bands that trap fat cells and cause the dimpling effect.
- Quick and Effective: Avéli™ offers women a fast and effective solution for cellulite reduction. The procedure is typically completed in a single in-office session, and you can expect to see results quickly. One of the best things about this treatment is that it is quick and simple, allowing you to get back to your normal responsibilities in no time.
What sets Avéli™ apart is its ability to provide a long-term reduction in the appearance of cellulite dimples. Many women notice a significant improvement in the texture and smoothness of their skin shortly after the procedure. One of the best things about this treatment is that the natural production of collagen is activated. Collagen is a protein in the body that contributes to the appearance and elasticity of the skin. As we age, the production of collagen slows down, leading to signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, and cellulite. After treatment with Avéli™, the results just keep getting better and more pronounced thanks to the reactivation of the production of collagen. This treatment offers a long-lasting solution to the cellulite dilemma.
Common Questions Asked About Avéli™ for Cellulite Reduction
Avéli™ is a state-of-the-art device used for cellulite reduction. It works by releasing the fibrous bands that trap fat cells beneath the skin, causing the characteristic dimpling associated with cellulite. The procedure is minimally invasive and is typically performed in a single in-office session under local anesthesia.
Yes, Avéli™ is safe and effective for individuals of all skin types and tones. It is a versatile treatment that can be customized to suit each patient’s specific needs.
The Avéli™ procedure is known for its speed and convenience. It typically takes around one hour to complete, and most patients can resume their normal activities shortly after the treatment. No exercise x 1 week. Bruising may last 4 weeks.
While Avéli™ provides long-lasting results, it is not considered a permanent solution. Over time, factors such as aging and lifestyle choices can influence the development of new cellulite.
The best way to determine if Avéli™ is suitable for your cellulite concerns is to schedule a consultation with us at St. Louis Skin Solutions. During the consultation, we will assess your cellulite, discuss your goals, and create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs and preferences.
Discover if Avéli™ Is Right For You Today
Are you struggling with the unwanted appearance of cellulite? It’s important to remember that you are not alone. Schedule a consultation with us today, and our expert team of trained and certified cosmetic enhancement specialists will determine the best course of action to treat your cellulite and get you back to feeling comfortable in your own skin again.